Leveraged by over 1,300 clients and 1.6 million users worldwide every day, Intelex’s Software manages some of the highest profile spaces in the world. We are consistently delivering new features to our suite of products. We want to tackle bigger challenges and accomplish some truly amazing things. Our team is always improving our codebase and operations footprint. Our team needs to grow to enable even greater success in our industry, and that is where you come in.
We are currently seeking a talented Agile Coach to join our dynamic fast paced Product Team. The Agile Coach is responsible for coaching and mentoring agile execution, Technical leads, Product Managers and executives to leverage agile principles, practices and frameworks in order to deliver high value business capabilities. Serves as a subject matter expert on scaling agile development, including the use of scaling frameworks. Embraces servant leadership and displays behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with being agile. Identifies opportunities for continuous operational and/or team improvements.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Acts as a subject matter expert to instill a culture of measurement with respect to both the impact of the change to the business and the effectiveness of the system of delivery.
- Agile Team Coach works with specific teams to assist them to implement and improve their Agile Practices.
- Team Coach who can stand up new teams including providing interactive Agile initial and ongoing coaching.
- Works with teams to become effective and efficient in their use of Agile Practices.
- Additionally, team coach will assess the Agile Maturity of the teams and coach to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable.
- Facilitates classroom/workshop training through management on Agile frameworks, competencies, and methodologies.
- Conducts ongoing evaluations to ensure the effectiveness of Agile programs and recommends complex and/or highly comprehensive training modifications as necessary.
- Coaches teams on how to remove complex roadblocks and impediments to change and delivery.
- Assesses the Agile maturity of the teams and coaches to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable.
- Drives teams’ continuous improvement through teaching in transparency, balance, flow, respect, customer focus, collaboration, and agreement
- Proactively collaborates and communicates with internal/external stakeholders to address Agile knowledge gaps to support Agile effectiveness.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) or responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Reports to the Director, Software Development
- Fosters close cooperative relationships with cross functional teams
Skills & Work Traits
- Experience in presenting and discussing to a large audience including Sr. Engineers, Jr. Engineers, Architects, Directors and VP’s
- Documented recent (last 2 years) Agile training/conference/user group attendance.
- General Agile training and facilitation across teams and all stakeholders Experience working with Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience with Pair Programming/Pair Work.
- Experience with Automated Testing frameworks
- Familiarity with the Product Development Lifecycle for both Enterprise on-premise as well as SAAS products
- We have current Production and Continuous Integration footprints in multiple Cloud vendors
- Our front-end applications leverage React and React Native, and C#
- Our APIs comprise of, .NET
- Delivery timelines:
- We do Maintenance train releases (bi-weekly) + major releases (bi-annually)
- We deliver via On-Premise (shippable installer) as well as containers to our Cloud operations team (continuous delivery)
- 10+ years of relevant technical software development experience;
- At least 5 years of prior experience in an Agile Coach role helping teams efficiently deliver software
- Bachelor’s in information technology or related field, Master's degree preferred
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1,300 clients and 1.6 million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in environmental, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of North America’s fastest-growing tech companies who has recently been recognized as a Great Place to Work for over 7 years, Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplace for Millennials and Canadian HR Team for fewer than 500 employees and has been recipient of Waterstone’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures award, and Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies award. For more information, visit https://www.intelex.com/careers or see what our employees are saying by following our #ProudIntelexian hashtag.