Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Design and development of new features and software solutions supporting customer requirements, business management requirements and new service introductions.
- Develop new functionality on our existing software products.
- Ability to visualize “big picture”, identifying and promoting opportunities to create positive user experiences.
- Design - based on business requirement definitions, produce standardized and detailed technical specifications.
- Construction - work in a team environment to implement projects using tools such as: Git, Visual Studio or other development IDE, NUnit/Moq or other unit testing tools
- Unit Testing - produce unit test plans to demonstrate understanding of the required results and test individual projects. Develop integration and automated unit tests.
- Project Delivery - work within time constraints to meet deadlines. Identify and communicate issues with project deliveries.
- Collaboration with cross-functional project teams and other various internal departments and stakeholders (Quality Assurance, Product Management, Professional Services, etc.).
- Reports to the Director, Development
- Builds and maintains relationships with cross functional teams within the organization.
Skills & Work Traits
- Highly motivated, creative and self-directed with a commitment to excellence.
- Commitment to continually learning and improving in the craft of development
- Exceptional analysis and troubleshooting skills, and ability to locate, utilize, and disseminate information
- Preference for collaborative work within an agile practice as a member of a multi-discipline team
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Solid understanding of user interface and user experience principles
- Solid understanding of relational database technology covering design, queries, transactions, stored procedures, triggers, constrains and optimization.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns
- Three or more years of professional web or mobile applications development experience strongly preferred for intermediate developer roles
- Seven or more years preferred for senior developer roles
- Professional experience within an agile development practice strongly preferred
- Professional experience within a software product or SaaS organization preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree and/or vendor certifications (such as Microsoft Certified Professional) valued
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT Magazine, as well as one of the country’s top employers by Aon Hewitt and Best Small and Medium Employers. For more information, visit www.intelex.com