An Associate Sales Engineer is responsible for the attainment, centralization, dissemination and delivery of product knowledge and best practices within the sales department. In short, this role is responsible for ensuring that the Intelex Software ‘gets selected’ by prospects and results in new orders. This role is multi-faceted and involved coordination with team members throughout the sales department as well as with other departments such as the Product Management team.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
The role has three primary areas of responsibility as follows:
- Sales Enablement: Responsibility to enable Intelex Sales reps when it comes to complex requirements gathering, system configuration, and demonstration of silver and gold applications.
- Sales Rep Knowledge Transfer: Responsibility to share knowledge with existing and new sales reps on existing and new products.
- Product Management/Marketing Intelligence Sharing: Responsibility to work with the Vice President of Product Sales to provide market intelligence information, help prioritize projects and provide suggestions for improvements in functionality and product positioning.
- Important role within the Intelex Sales team as a trusted resource and advisor in the development and execution of our sales strategy.
- Execute demos while ensuring our sales reps have the capability to execute best practices when it comes to their own demos.
- Ensure our Product Management and Marketing teams have the most up to date market information to ensure we have the best product capabilities and positioning possible.
- Configure the Intelex system and applications, while utilizing new feature sets and tools as they are released. This configuration may include minimal code work as required.
- Successfully conduct requirement gathering sessions with prospects and align requirements back to the Intelex system.
- Maintain a superior attention to detail to ensure that the system is tailored and appears professional.
- Analyze technical needs, requirements, and state of a customer's current technical environment and operations.
- Identify opportunities and develop technical solutions to meet customer's needs and requirements.
- Review and validate all solutions to ensure compatibility and consistency with Intelex best practices.
- Assist the Sales and Global Services and Support teams with requests for quotes / information, bids, proposals and statements of work.
- Assist with the definition, development, installation and administration of solution demonstrations in the Intelex demo sites.
- Participate regularly in internal product and sales training to maintain and grow skills and knowledge of existing and new products.
- Understand and abide by all security and operational policies
- This position may require travel 15-25% travel to support client meetings, attend training and vendor events
- Reports to the Vice President, Product Sales.
- Fosters close cooperative relationships with Account Managers and Sales Management.
- Partners with Global Services and Support for understanding of project delivery.
- Partnering with Product Management to understand the product roadmap and evolution of the product.
Skills & Work Traits
- Logical problem-solving approach, ability to clearly communicate business problems and proposed solutions to the customer
- Experience documenting technical requirements and concepts.
- Experience working with cross functional groups within an organization
- An active listener who is able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to present in a group setting
- Ability to facilitate and conduct webinars / presentations to customers, including conceptual design and white boarding sessions
- Ability to interact effectively with senior business managers
- Self-motivated to develop and maintain skill set and product knowledge to maximize value and to deliver quality services to our customers
- Professional self-starter, able to work collaboratively with others
- Projects a professional image and strong business acumen during customer interactions
- Possesses a sense of urgency, strong organizational and follow up skills
- Experience configuring software and/or web based applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology through achievement of professional certifications is an asset
- Knowledge of the Environmental, Health and Safety, and Quality Management space is strongly preferred
- Understanding of enterprise application requirements / architecture
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in designing, developing, configuring, and or implementing enterprise software including at least 1 year of experience in Presales Engineering or Consulting;
- Understanding of selling and implementing business solutions
- Experience in a sales focused environment is an asset
- Completed post-secondary education in a related field
With more than 1000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT Magazine, as well as one of the country’s top employers by Aon Hewitt and Best Small and Medium Employers. For more information, visit www.intelex.com