A core contributing factor to the influence Instiglio has had thus far includes our collaborative, highly skilled and diverse team. We are a team of 60+ people, representing 15+ nationalities, with offices in Colombia, Kenya, Morocco and the USA. Our team of practitioners has extensive development and government experience, including previous roles in international development banks, national governments, multilateral agencies, INGOs and academia.
How you will make an impact
You are a social impact leader - this means that you will see the impact of your work and its effect on the communities. You will focus your leadership on growing our impact and operations in the Francophone Africa region, delivered through our fast-growing Rabat office, and increasing Instiglio’s presence, proximity and influence within the Regional ecosystem (donors, think-tanks, foundations and other clients).
You will also be an integral part of Instiglio’s Management, advising clients on important decisions and helping Instiglio as an organization to make smart and effective decisions on growth, strategy, and sustainability. As the Senior Regional Manager, you will be an ambassador for Instiglio’s mission and work globally.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Strategy: Assisting the Africa Partner and the partner group in designing and executing our global strategy with a deeper regional focus on the Francophone Africa region.
- Business development: Work with the Africa Partner to drive business development in Francophone Africa, including developing and cultivating relationships with key stakeholders and clients.
- Project leadership: Providing strategic, technical and team leadership in our projects to deliver maximum social impact and exceed client expectations.
- Thought leadership and brand positioning: Advancing thought-leadership, evolving our technical practices and communicating to our external audience.
- Organizational development: In addition to being a steward of our culture, you will also oversee the performance, growth and overall health of specific organizational units or teams. This supervisory role aims to ensure high levels of team performance, team health and wellbeing, and appropriate growth strategies and operational support systems.
Who you are
We are growing a team of resourceful go-getters that are driven by our mission, curious about the world, and dedicated to a life of learning. An ideal candidate will have:
- Education: A relevant master’s degree focused on the development process of developing countries (public administration, public policy, development economics, governance and institutions).
- At least 10 years of experience, including 6 years of relevant work experience in international development, in the public sector and/or in development policy.
- Demonstrated experience in evidence-based policy design, results based financing, delivery management, government reforms, and/or Performance Management or related fields.
- Successful track record in sourcing and managing clients (multiple stakeholders in complex settings).
- Extensive experience growing and managing teams.
- Language skills: Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English and French.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and commercial acumen. Strong organizational oversight and continually looking to add value. Solid understanding of consumer behavior and what it takes to shift interest.
- Outstanding problem-solving, and structured thinking skills. Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including proven success in ability to present ideas and concepts effectively and persuasively as well as relationship management.
- Leadership skills and empathy with the ability to influence people positively.
- Impact-driven, resilient, results-oriented.
In addition, we welcome the following desirable qualifications:
- Working with governments and government agencies in francophone Africa.
- Work experience in Management consulting.
- Strong operational and financial management experience.
- Knowledge of Results-Based Financing mechanisms and/or experience related to the field.
- Language skills: Professional working proficiency in Arabic.
How you can grow with us
Senior Managers at Instiglio have a chance to develop a variety of skills and lead client-facing projects, with the guidance of partners. You will be trusted with the opportunity to deepen your network with high-level government officials and leaders in the international development space. Also, this is a great opportunity to shape the Morocco portfolio and team, and the wider regional trajectory.
Instiglio has a strong feedback culture, with all staff receiving quarterly formal, structured reviews, in addition to real-time feedback. Additionally, a mentorship system and development plans are in place to ensure that staff receive proper support in their professional development. This will also grow your leadership and mentorship skills as you walk with junior team members on their career development journey.
Instiglio offers generous benefits, which include flexible hybrid working model, personal days, remote work days, travel and health insurance, a company holiday additional to vacation, and parental leave, among others.
Interested? Join our team
Submit your application by attaching an English version of your CV and cover letter. In your cover letter answer the following questions: (1) Why are you a good fit for this role? (2) What is your motivation to apply to Instiglio? Applications will be reviewed on a rolling-basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Instiglio is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to giving everyone a fair go.