A core contributing factor to the influence Instiglio has had thus far includes our collaborative, highly skilled and diverse team. We are a team of 60+ people, representing 15+ nationalities, with offices in Colombia, Kenya, Morocco and the USA. Our team of practitioners has extensive development and government experience, including previous roles in international development banks, national governments, multilateral agencies, INGOs and academia.
How you will make an impact
The Senior Associate will play a critical role in executing projects, guiding stakeholders through difficult yet important processes, and building relationships with our partners by understanding their diverse needs and adding value. The Senior Associate will support our partner governments, donors, and service providers at building the performance management systems and results based financing structures to increase their impact. As the Senior Associate, you will gain expertise in developing RBF instruments, developing a thorough understanding of different design choices, independently assessing tradeoffs, making recommendations, and translating complex concepts into understandable insights. Within the team, the Senior Associate will work directly with our Managers, Partners, and Associate Partners to deliver high-quality services, and will eventually have the opportunity to lead teams.
The key responsibilities of the Senior Associate will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the development of research, analysis, presentations and client engagements on diverse topics.
- Leading the design of technical components of RBF instruments, with a command of all dimensions of RBF, including economic concepts.
- Leading the creation of proposals and client deliverables, articulating technical concepts in an eloquent and accessible manner.
- Managing project budgets and contracts with clients and subcontractors, anticipating issues and proactively addressing them.
- Planning, delegating and overseeing tasks to achieve the most effective results within the team.
- Proposing, structuring, and overseeing data analyses to draw actionable insights/hypotheses.
- Preparing and delivering clear and effective presentations to stakeholders in the public and private sectors.
- Actively improving our RBF services and our delivery systems.
Who you are
We are growing a team of resourceful go-getters that are driven by our mission, curious about the world, and dedicated to a life of learning. An ideal candidate will have:
- Education: Masters degree or equivalent in Economics, Statistics, Public Policy, Public Administration, Engineering, Business, or related fields.
- At least 6 years of experience in international development, strategy/management consulting and/or in the public sector.
- Results-Based Financing or Performance Management is desirable.
- Experience working with Governments in the Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) region is an added advantage.
- Proven track record in team, project, and stakeholder management.
- Exceptional strategic thinking, problem-solving, and structured thinking skills.
- Ability to develop and use complex analytical frameworks.
- Language skills:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish is required.
- Professional working proficiency in French is an added advantage.
How you will grow with us
Joining Instiglio as a Senior Associate will enable you to accelerate your career in international development, consulting and public service, playing a critical role in shaping and delivering impactful projects with leading development actors. Senior Associates at Instiglio develop a variety of skills and take on client-facing roles on projects, with the guidance of more experienced senior staff. Senior Associates who demonstrate readiness to assume a greater level of responsibility, can expect to progress to the manager level within a few years. Instiglio has a strong feedback culture, with all staff receiving quarterly formal, structured reviews, in addition to real-time feedback. Additionally, a mentorship system and development plans are in place to ensure that staff receive proper support in their professional development.
Instiglio offers generous benefits, which include personal days, remote work days, travel and health insurance, a company holiday additional to vacation, and parental leave, among others.
Interested? Join our team!
Submit your application by attaching an English version of your CV and cover letter. In your cover letter answer the following questions: (1) Why are you a good fit for this role? (2) What is your motivation to apply to Instiglio? Applications will be reviewed on a rolling-basis.
Instiglio is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to giving everyone a fair go.