A core contributing factor to the influence Instiglio has had thus far includes our collaborative, highly skilled and diverse team. We are a team of 60+ people, representing 15+ nationalities, with offices in Colombia, Kenya, Morocco and the USA. Our team of practitioners has extensive development and government experience, including previous roles in international development banks, national governments, multilateral agencies, INGOs and academia.
How you will make an impact
The successful candidate may be offered a Manager/Senior Associate position depending on their experience.
Managers and Senior Associates at Instiglio are responsible for expanding our services and strengthening our project pipeline in Instiglio, advising and supporting our partner governments, donors, and service providers in building the performance management systems and results-based financing structures to increase their impact. You will coach clients through important adaptations of their practices, coordinate the project team to deliver high-quality work, establish and monitor work plans, and be accountable for the results of projects. You will be challenged to balance and strategize around the triple constraints of quality, time, and budget in our project work.
You will be an integral part of Instiglio’s team, advising clients on important decisions and helping Instiglio as an organisation to make smart and effective decisions on growth, strategy, and sustainability. With the support of the partners and implementation support of the project teams, you will develop strategies to reach short- and long-term project goals. You will also be an ambassador for Instiglio’s mission and work globally.
Tasks may include:
- Overseeing and leading the development of research, analysis, presentations and client engagements on diverse topics.
- Overseeing the design of technical components of RBF instruments by mastering all dimensions of RBF, including economic concepts.
- Managing the preparation of bids and responses to partners, building strong relationships and managing multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Developing and managing project scope and budget, and adjusting and course-correcting to meet execution needs.
- Leading the day-to-day work plan, overseeing the project team to ensure that we reach short- and long-term targets.
- Leading the creation of proposals and client deliverables, articulating technical concepts in an eloquent and accessible manner.
- Proposing, structuring, and overseeing data analyses to draw actionable insights/hypotheses.
- Actively improving our RBF and Performance Management services and our delivery systems.
Who you are
- Manager: At least 8 years’ experience, including 6 years of relevant work experience in research, international development, management/ strategy consulting and/or in the public sector.
- Senior Associate: At least 6 years of experience, including 4 years of relevant work experience in research, international development, management/ strategy consulting and/or in the public sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Results-Based Financing mechanisms and/or Performance Management is an added advantage.
- Working with governments and government agencies and/or Work experience in consultancy is highly desirable.
- Education: Masters degree or equivalent in Economics, Public Policy, Public Administration, Political Science, Business, or related fields.
- Language skills: Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English. Professional working proficiency in Spanish and/or French is an added advantage.
- Proven track record in client management (multiple stakeholders in complex settings).
- Experience growing and managing teams.
- Exceptional strategic thinking, problem solving, and structured thinking.
- Exceptional people skills: Ability to relate well with people from different backgrounds, build trust, and solve problems.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop outstanding analysis and written deliverables.
- Ability to develop and use complex analytical frameworks.
How you can grow with us
Joining Instiglio will enable you to accelerate your career in international development, consulting and public service, playing a critical role in shaping and delivering impactful projects with leading development actors. Managers and Senior Associates at Instiglio have a chance to develop a variety of skills, take on client-facing roles on projects, and play an internal leadership role. Additionally, they have a chance to develop a variety of skills and take on client-facing roles on projects, with the guidance of more experienced senior staff. Instiglio has a strong feedback culture, with all staff receiving bi-annually formal, structured reviews, in addition to real-time feedback. Additionally, a mentorship system and development plans are in place to ensure that staff receive proper support in their professional development.
Working Model and benefits
This opportunity is open to both local and international candidates. A preference for the successful individual to be based in our Bogota office.
Instiglio has adopted a hybrid working model i.e., a minimum of two (2) days a week at the office for face-to-face connections. Instiglio offers generous benefits, which include personal days, remote work days, travel and health insurance, a company holiday additional to vacation, and parental leave, among others.
Interested? Join our team!
Submit your application by attaching an English version of your CV and cover letter. In your cover letter answer the following questions: (1) Why are you a good fit for this role? (2) What is your motivation to apply to Instiglio? Applications will be reviewed on a rolling-basis.
Instiglio is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to giving everyone a fair go.