At Instawork, we’re driven by our vision to create economic opportunity for local businesses and skilled hourly professionals in communities around the world. With a growing number of hub cities across the world in the U.S., Canada, India, and beyond, we’re looking for top talent to help rapidly scale our high-tech and high-touch labor marketplace. Our accomplished and dedicated team is passionate about our mission and committed to crafting revolutionary products, all with the backing of our world-class investors, including Benchmark, Spark Capital, Craft Ventures, Greylock Capital, Y Combinator, and more!
At Instawork, we’re driven by our vision to create economic opportunities for local businesses and skilled hourly professionals in communities around the world. With a growing number of hub cities across the world in the U.S., Canada, India, and beyond, we’re looking for top talent to help rapidly scale our high-tech and high-touch labor marketplace. Our accomplished and dedicated team is passionate about our mission and committed to crafting revolutionary products, all with the backing of our world-class investors, including Benchmark, Spark Capital, Craft Ventures, Greylock Capital, Y Combinator, and more!
What You'll Do
- Lead and develop a team of up to 8-10 Community Operations Specialists, responsible for their overall performance
- Create performance goals for Community Operations Specialists, and monitor weekly progress toward specific goals
- Collaborate with the Operations Coordinator to monitor the efficiency of the daily operations, and anticipate barriers to operational success
- Be the subject matter expert for all of Community Operations policies and procedures, preventing misinformation to external stakeholders by effectively monitoring communications and coaching specialists
- Manage the quality assurance program for Community Operations, performing weekly audits of specialists’ communications and reporting on quality assurance metrics.
- Be the point of contact for escalation within the real-time operations and urgent issues with stakeholders
- Monitor customer satisfaction of individual specialists and the team’s overall performance, weekly.
- Investigate low customer satisfaction scores and negative customer feedback, identifying the root causes and creating an action plan for current and future resolutions.
- Own proactively identifying opportunities to engage Instawork’s “power users” and top-quality customers.
- Improve team members’ productivity through weekly knowledge sessions and sharing insights on how to increase efficiency.
- Collaborate with leadership on Community Operations recognition and engagement initiatives, actively highlighting best practices and top performance within the team.
- Regularly communicate with senior leadership regarding the team’s performance, opportunities for improvement, and contribute to projects designed to enhance the customer experience.
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience working in customer support, preferably in the technology services industry
- 2+ years leading remote or diverse teams, preferably in the technology services industry
- Proven ability to provide urgent resolutions for high-priority issues and escalations
- Experience handling complex or sensitive issues with stakeholders and follow-up documentation
- Ability to expertly navigate complex tools and troubleshoot issues with internal and external products
- Demonstrated success among all performance metrics, especially productivity and quality.
- Proven ability to motivate, influence, and work effectively with the organization’s stakeholders
- Experience in mentoring new hires and contributing to their onboarding process
- Proven ability to demonstrate organizational values and role model positive behaviors for a team
- Experience with performance reporting and analytics is strongly preferred
- Should be open to work in a 24/7 environment with rotational shifts and week offs
Why Explore a Career at Instawork
Everyone at Instawork works across the stack. You'll have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with product, engineering, operations teams to make an impact on the overall success of the business. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and advance both technical and leadership skills. You'd own a career here with Instawork!
- Health Insurance for you and Family
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Broadband Reimbursement
- Home Office Setup Allowance
Bias for Action -- We are a growing team and an evolving product. We want a team of do’ers to drive the company forward, even if it means making decisions with incomplete information or being wrong.
Act Like an Owner -- Treat this company as though it is your own. Execute on the fundamentals, and act creatively to drive growth. Your ability to drive impact in any part of our company is only limited by your courage and conviction, not your job title.
Always Be Learning -- We are changing an entire industry. We strive to learn from each other and get better each day, week, and month, so that our team’s learnings can compound and we can all improve, together.
Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Empathy for our business partners and professionals means we put ourselves in their shoes. Empathy for our colleagues means we are always upfront and honest with each other, which comes from trust.
Founded in 2016, Instawork is the leading flexible work app for local, hourly professionals. Its digital marketplace connects thousands of businesses and more than three million workers, filling a critical role in local economies. Instawork has been featured on CBS News, the Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Associated Press, and more. In 2022, Instawork was ranked among the country’s top 10% of fastest-growing companies by Inc. 5000 and was included in the Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup list. Instawork was also named the 2022 ACE Award recipient for “Best Innovation” and one of the “Best Business Apps” by Business Insider. Instawork helps businesses in the food & beverage, hospitality, and warehouse/logistics industries fill temporary and permanent job opportunities in more than 25 markets across the U.S. and Canada.
For more information visit www.instawork.com
We value diversity on our team and firmly believe Instawork is stronger when we hire people who make their own unique contributions to our culture. We welcome all applicants and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.