At Instawork, we’re driven by our vision to create economic opportunity for local businesses and skilled hourly professionals in communities around the world. With a growing number of hub cities across the world in the U.S., Canada, India, and beyond, we’re looking for top talent to help rapidly scale our high-tech and high-touch labor marketplace. Our accomplished and dedicated team is passionate about our mission and committed to crafting revolutionary products, all with the backing of our world-class investors, including Benchmark, Spark Capital, Craft Ventures, Greylock Capital, Y Combinator, and more!
The Product Analytics team provides data-driven insights to improve the experience of our local businesses, hourly professionals, and marketplace. This includes analysis of user behavior, identifying areas for improvement, and measuring the impact of changes.
As a Senior Product Analyst, you will partner closely with a cross functional team of Product, Engineering, Design, and Data Science to answer critical questions about our marketplace and drive initiatives that help us run better as a business and reach new levels of scale. You will lead analyses ranging from growth to product performance to marketplace health. Your actionable and data-driven recommendations will range from the strategic to tactical, ultimately influencing how Instawork executes every day and invests in growth.
What You'll Do
- Define key metrics, dashboards, and weekly operating rhythms with our Product teams with particular focus on supply-side growth and marketplace health
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data to inform product strategy and inform the product roadmap
- Establish a shared vision across the company on product goals and product optimizations by driving consensus on priorities leading to major product improvements
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years experience in product analytics, data science, or equivalent analytical functions
- Obsession with the “craft” of growth: you combine a deep understanding of the hard business math underlying sound growth unit economics with the creativity to propose experiments with novel tactics across different channels
- Exceptional data and analytics skills, including advanced fluency in SQL, Python (preferred), BI / data visualization tools, and Excel/Google Sheets
- Strong cross-functional and executive communication skills, including a proven ability to influence without authority and build strong working relationships with business partners
- Entrepreneurial self-starter that thrives in a fast-moving environment and is capable of independently seeking information, marshaling resources, and delivering results without waiting for direction
For CA based applicants:
- This position is hybrid, in office at the San Francisco Office 3 times a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday)
- The base salary for this position is $140,000 - $180,000
- This position is eligible for equity in the form of stock options
- This position is eligible for Instawork benefits, including:
- A variety of medical, dental, and vision plans with coverage beginning on the date of hire
- Flexible paid time off
- At least 8 paid company holidays annually
- Home office stipend
- Phone stipend
- Commuter stipend
- Supplemental pay on qualified leaves
- Employee health savings accounts (HSA) contribution
- Flexible spending plans
- 401K plan
- Perkspot - discount program through Lumity
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
- Bias for Action -- We are a growing team and an evolving product. We want a team of do’ers to drive the company forward, even if it means making decisions with incomplete information or being wrong.
- Act Like an Owner -- Treat this company as though it is your own. Execute on the fundamentals, and act creatively to drive growth. Your ability to drive impact in any part of our company is only limited by your courage and conviction, not your job title.
- Always Be Learning -- We are changing an entire industry. We strive to learn from each other and get better each day, week, and month, so that our team’s learnings can compound and we can all improve, together.
- Empathy, Trust, Candor -- Empathy for our business partners and professionals means we put ourselves in their shoes. Empathy for our colleagues means we are always upfront and honest with each other, which comes from trust.
Founded in 2016, Instawork is the leading flexible work app for local, hourly professionals. Its digital marketplace connects thousands of businesses and more than three million workers, filling a critical role in local economies. Instawork has been featured on CBS News, the Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Associated Press, and more. In 2022, Instawork was ranked among the country’s top 10% of fastest-growing companies by Inc. 5000 and was included in the Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup list. Instawork was also named the 2022 ACE Award recipient for “Best Innovation” and one of the “Best Business Apps” by Business Insider. Instawork helps businesses in the food & beverage, hospitality, and warehouse/logistics industries fill temporary and permanent job opportunities in more than 25 markets across the U.S. and Canada.
For more information visit www.instawork.com
We value diversity on our team and firmly believe Instawork is stronger when we hire people who make their own unique contributions to our culture. We welcome all applicants and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.