Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Your day to day…
- Identify key questions, problems, and KPIs using your sharp business acumen and judgment
- Conduct quantitative research and analysis requiring complex data retrieval that results in actionable insights and recommendations
- Design and analyze rigorous A/B experiments
- Analyze and share the results of product features on Instacart, and find opportunities to improve them
- Work daily with product managers, engineers, and designers to discover and guide the most impactful product investments
- Provide access to data through dashboards to empower your team, and look for opportunity to automate insights through alerting and anomaly detection
- Passion for, and track record of leveraging data for business impact, preferably in a consumer facing digital environment
- Ability to write complex and performant queries in your dialect of SQL to extract data from our Snowflake cluster
- Experience building tools and automated processes to extract, clean, and distill data, preferably in Python or R
- Understanding of A/B testing and other forms of statistical analysis using statistical packages similar to R, SAS, or Pandas
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex problems into digestible insights
- Effective data visualization skills with analytical tools such as Tableau, Looker, D3.js or other tools
- Growth mindset; the ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Willing and able to travel internationally based on job requirements
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
As a data scientist on our rapidly growing team, you will have the opportunity to make a large impact at Instacart. You will be embedded within our data driven consumer product team to identify key metrics, conduct deep and rigorous analysis, and deliver insights to the team for product improvement. You will be a trusted partner in the team tackling the toughest and most impactful analytical problems while making the data accessible to your teammates.
In your application, please describe the most impactful research project you have been a part of. Describe the problem, outcome/impact and your role in the project.
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.