Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
The Logistics Operations team is responsible for monitoring daily operations in real time across North America. Each team member directly contributes to company priorities with a particular focus on ensuring quality fulfillment for customers, shoppers and retailers. This is a rare opportunity to work in a highly cross-functional environment and drive tangible impact at the company level.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Directly manage team of 5-6 associates, providing key tactical, strategic, and career guidance
- Create and optimize metrics based processes to ensure all function-related objectives are consistently met and improved upon
- Develop and implement tactical solutions for logistically-complex issues such as marathons, major weather events, emergency store closures, etc
- Analyze fluctuations/outliers in key metrics (Ex: demand forecasts, efficiency, timeliness, availability) and work cross-functionally to make appropriate adjustments
- Provide value-added analysis, context, and support to cross-functional teams and stakeholders to continuously improve system performance, tools, and team efficiency
- Play a critical role in launch/expansion work-streams, as well as other logistics-related initiatives
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 3-4 years experience in an operations, fulfillment, or other supply chain operations environment
- Experience directly managing people
- Data first mindset: highly proficient pulling/synthesizing data and identifying trends, causation, correlation, etc
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex topics and create compelling narratives for various audiences
- Eagerness to spot inefficiencies and improve broken processes in ever-changing environment
- Ability stay calm in chaotic, rapidly-changing environments
- Excellent team building skills and desire to help others learn and grow
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Working knowledge of SQL and experience using SQL to analyze data and inform decisions
- Experience in a growing, large-scale operations environment and/or multi-sided marketplace
- Experience working directly with product/engineering teams on scalable process solutions
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.