Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 200 US markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door. We now cover over 60% of US households and aim to have 80% coverage by the end 2018—that's 90 million households! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
We’re looking for a Communication Designer to join our small, but mighty team and lead the design of new campaigns as well as optimize current ones that contribute to growing our customer and retailer base and increasing engagement. You’ll be involved in owning every aspect of marketing design from concept through completion and your work will have a high amount of visibility. Sound like fun? Read on.
What You'll Be Doing
- Partnering with our business development, online marketing and product teams to design impactful marketing that’s informed by data
- Working on all types of marketing materials that range from display ads, direct response, emails, in-store marketing, social media, infographics, posters, brand identity and more
- Collaborating with other designers and copy writers to drive new concepts and big ideas that are on-brand and that meet a high quality
- Communicating effectively with stakeholders to present your designs and clearly articulate the problems they’re trying to solve
What You Should Already Have
- 3+ years designing successful marketing materials for ad campaigns including display ads, social media, email and offline campaigns
- A strong visual aesthetic and proven expertise in composition and layout, typography, color theory, photography and illustration
- A passion for design and continual experimentation, iteration and optimization
- Ability to make sound design decisions with data and user testing as vital tools
- Experience designing within brand guidelines as well as collaborating with the design team to evolve those guidelines to move Instacart's brand in new and bold directions
- Experience designing ads with HTML 5 and/or motion design is a plus
- A strong sense of ownership
- You’re really interested in making stuff. Period.
What We'll Set You Up With
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Personal growth plans that let you stretch yourself or grow in new directions
- Market competitive salary, equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Great office in downtown SF
- Take what you need vacation ( and we really mean it )
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child