Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 200 US markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door. We now cover over 60% of US households and aim to have 80% coverage by the end 2018—that's 90 million households! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
Are you passionate about understanding products and identifying opportunities? Are you entrepreneurial and eager to build your ideas? Do you enjoy digging into metrics and see your work impact the customer and business? Do you love working on different parts of the product and learning lots of different things as a result? Do you care about a customer’s first experience with the product and reducing churns throughout their lifecycle?
What You'll Be Doing
As the Director of Product, you will be the point person for working across teams to achieve Instacart's ambitious goals.
You will do so by working with our Design, Engineering, Data Science, and Data Analyst teams to develop, prioritize, and execute roadmaps, strategic plans, and individual projects/features in the relevant product area.
What You Should Already Have
- A minimum of 4+ years experience running Product for a consumer technology company
- A minimum of 2+ years experience managing a team of Product Managers
- Strong experience in consumer product management techniques including User Behavioral Analysis, Competitive & Industry Analysis, A/B testing and Experimentation, and User Feedback & Research
- Superior data and analytical skills including the ability to define and decompose relevant metrics and to directly perform data analysis in SQL or similar
- Appreciation and understanding of consumer psychology and its impact on product adoption & use
- Deep intuition and strong passion for developing great user experiences
- Ability to develop strong roadmaps and strategic plans as well as to provide execution details through product specifications
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate & communicate with a wide range of team members from every function and at every level
- Bachelor's or advanced degree, ideally in a technical or quantitative discipline. MBA a plus.
What We'll Set You Up With
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Market competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Complimentary Instacart Express membership — so you can use our product without paying a delivery fee