Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 300+ markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
Are you passionate about understanding products and identifying opportunities? Are you entrepreneurial and eager to build your ideas? Do you enjoy digging into metrics and see your work impact the customer and business? Do you love working on different parts of the product and learning lots of different things as a result? Do you care about a customer’s first experience with the product and reducing churns throughout their lifecycle?
If any of the above interests you, let’s talk!
- You will be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and responsibility for managing things directly
- Collaboration with product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution
- Shipping high quality solutions with urgency
- Championing Android: educating colleagues about subtleties & unique capabilities of the platform and leveraging them when building new features
- Bachelor's degree in computer science is preferred with 2+ years of software development experience and at least 2 years of Android app development experience
- Strong development skills in Java and with Android SDK, and good general programming and algorithm skills
- A strong sense of ownership
- An ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Willing and able to travel internationally based on job requirements
- Experience with RxJava
- Interest in Kotlin
- Data Driven mindset
- Automated testing experience
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both challenge and support you
- Market competitive salary, equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Complimentary Instacart express membership
P.S. Our apps have been given Best-In-Class for Android Design, Best of 2015, Editor Choice, Top developer awards and featured numerous times in the Play Store. We are active in developer community, giving talks at conferences and meetups. We are passionate about Kotlin, RxJava and project Tango. Let's talk!