Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Oversee and streamline billing across multiple products and services
- Supervise team of 3-4 billers, review work, provide feedback, and manage task allocation
- Plan and implement quality assurance for all processes related to invoicing
- Establish processes and documented policies for timely and accurate invoicing
- Track and document adjustments, credits, discounts, and unique billing scenarios.
- Understand complex contract terms and review existing contracts to assess proper interpretation
- Staffing discussions and planning/interviews; Team building
- Partnering with cross-functional teams such as Biz Dev, Sales, Engineering, and Operations
- Assist with migration to new systems and tools
- Run staff meetings, encourage personnel development, track progress
- Proven ability to perform strategic planning and priority setting for a billing department
- Proven track record for improving process efficiencies and solving problems
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- 5 years of billing and collections experience in a high-growth organization
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of US GAAP and internal control best practices
- Interpersonal and communication experience
- A mind for customer service
- Planning, analytical, and presentation experience
- Experience identifying problematic areas and determine root cause
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate direct reports
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and internal personal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
Bonus if you have....
- Experience with Oracle, or a similar ERP System
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel
- Experience with Tableau, Snowflake, Zendesk, G-suite
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.