Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think of ourselves like a potluck; everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you -- welcome home.
We are looking for a HR Generalist, be based in one of our western regional offices (SF or LA) , to join our growing team! The HR Generalist will be the HR representative for our growing east coast regional business, with responsibilities including employee relations, compensation, payroll, absence management support, benefits, HRIS and training. The ideal candidate will be able to juggle multiple things at once and to take initiative in troubleshooting and finding solutions. This role will partner directly with HR Business Partners and sit within our People team.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Advise and provide coaching to first-time managers on employee relations, systems implementation, performance management, company policies, and other related topics
- Partner with your region or functions HR Business Partner on larger projects and org changes
- Provide on-the-ground HR support for the east coast region
- Identify and recommend continuous improvements to HR programs and processes to drive efficiencies and enhance the employee experience
- Conduct exit interviews and support administration of employee offboarding
- Stay up to date on US HR laws (payroll, benefits, compliance, terminations, leave of absences, etc.)
- Manage employee relations and respond to all questions regarding benefits, systems, performance, company programs and policies
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 5 years of HR or related experience in fast-growing organizations
- Knowledge of HR federal & provincial laws and regulations
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and navigate in a rapidly-changing environment
- Strong communication abilities with demonstrated experience influencing and collaborating cross-functionally and remotely
- Experience with being the face of HR, representing policies and practices to managers and employees across the organization
- A BA/BS degree
- An analytical mindset and can think critically
- Experience with Workday, ADP or similar HRIS
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.