Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 300+ markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
We are currently seeking a IT Support Specialist for our office in Toronto! You will serve as the local IT lead for the our office of 150+ people, responsible for the IT infrastructure and support. You’ll work closely with your peers in HQ (San Francisco) and remote offices to collaborate and solve technical issues at the site. You’ll be responsible for providing stellar front line support for technical issues across our environment. This is an amazing opportunity to work with the latest technology, grow, and have a big impact on the success of the product and the company.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Answer and manage support requests via walkup and our ticketing system
- Assist with onboarding new hires, including hardware deployment and administering our SaaS app portfolio
- Become familiar with all aspects of our IT environment to help support, maintain, and scale it
- Keep our knowledge base and documentation up-to-date
- Maintain inventory of equipment, hardware, software, and supplies
- Help with A/V setup and troubleshooting
- Perform special projects when required
- Willing and able to travel internationally based on job requirements
- You have experience with helpdesk support and customer service
- You are familiar with Mac and Chrome operating systems
- You have a good understanding of networking and AV concepts
- You are inclined to Google things you don’t know before asking someone
- You have a friendly personality and love to teach others
- You are great at communicating with all types of people and personalities
- You love technology and delivering great customer service
- You work super well under pressure
- You are able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to occasionally lift 40 lbs
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.