We’re looking for a Manager to lead our Recruiting Coordination team and drive strategic interviewing practices and processes at Instacart. This role will sit within our Recruiting Operations team and will lead and scale a lean, passionate team of Coordinators.
Our Recruiting Operations team is focused on making the hiring process at Instacart more effective and efficient, while creating experiences that enhance the hiring process for everyone. We’re passionate about bringing the human-side of hiring into every element of the recruiting process.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Build, lead and scale a distributed, strong-identity team of Recruiting Coordinators that applies diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Define what success looks like in the RC role through designing qualitative and quantitative performance measures, and fostering a team culture of clear, honest, kind feedback.
- Develop team members to meet their career and organizational goals through delegation of relevant projects, continuous coaching, and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Create strategic objectives and priorities for the Recruiting Coordination team that solve for current gaps, anticipate future possibilities and needs, and align directly with organizational priorities.
- Own projects and build solutions associated with the continued optimization of team tools and processes.
- Conduct continuous research of similar industries, processes, and behaviors that may contribute to our approach to scheduling interviews and building empathy between candidates and interviewers.
- Partner with other members of Recruiting Operations and the Recruiting Leadership team to build out reporting that enables us to make more informed decisions during about candidate funneling, hiring process, and capacity.
- Design, build, launch and maintain interview training processes and programs that increase interviewing capacity, enable our interviewers and leaders to make fair, consistent interview decisions, and optimize for the candidate experience.
- Build partnerships and work collaboratively with members of the Recruiting Leadership Team to meet shared objectives.
- Previous experience leading and mentoring people and teams in a professional environment, with a proven ability to develop talent.
- Demonstrated ability to give and receive feedback in a constructive, kind manner that yields growth of team members, and your leadership skills and direction.
- Experience working and communicating with a global distributed workforce.
- Passionate about building process and programs for scale and long term value
- Strong analytical background and previous experience using data to inform decision making
- Proven background in strategic thinking, planning, and project management
- Strong understanding of change management philosophies and how to use them in designing, building, and launching new programs or program updates.
- Experience partnering with, and influencing, Senior Leadership and Executive Teams, on recruiting programs strategy and hiring initiatives
- Ability to build for scalability but solve immediate tactical needs at the same time
- Organized, efficient and strong ability to prioritize effectively
- Proven ability to thrive working in a highly collaborative team environment
- Knowledge of design thinking strategies, instructional design, resource creation, and training for optimal adoption
- Working experience with agile and waterfall project management frameworks
- Global experience
- Knowledge of Greenhouse ATS
- BA/BS degree strongly preferred
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.