We are looking for an HR Generalist to join our team in Toronto. You will be supporting a growing office with responsibilities including employee relations, compensation, payroll, leave management, benefits, HRIS and training. The ideal candidate will be able to juggle multiple priorities and take initiative in trouble shooting and finding solutions. This role will partner directly with HR Business Partners and sit within our People team.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Advise and provide coaching to front-line and first-time managers on employee relations, systems implementation, performance management, HR policies and other related topics
- Provide on-the-ground HR support in the Toronto office, across multiple business units
- Partner with your region and function-specific HR Business Partner on larger projects and org changes
- Identify and recommend continuous improvements to HR programs and processes to drive efficiencies and enhance the employee experience
- Manage all new hire onboarding for the Toronto office
- Conduct exit interviews and support administration of employee offboarding
- Stay up to date on relevant laws and best practices
- Manage employee relations and respond to all questions regarding benefits, systems, performance, company programs and policies
- A background of at least five (5) years in HR at a fast growing technology company
- Knowledge of HR federal, city & provincial laws and regulations
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and navigate in a rapidly-changing environment
- Strong communicator with demonstrated experience influencing and collaborating cross-functionally
- Experience with being the face of HR, representing policies and practices to managers and employees across the organization
- Proficiency in excel; compiling and analysing data to inform decisions
- BA/BS degree
- Experience with Workday or similar HRIS system considered an asset
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.