Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Coordinating aspects of the billing process (e.g., gathering contract billing requirements, creation and posting of invoices, etc.) to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all invoices
- Review new and existing contracts and determine invoicing needs, bill rates, and payment terms for each partner
- Accommodate custom billing requests such as PO numbers, customer portals, invoice breakouts/support, etc.
- Respond to partners regarding billing inquiries, cash collection issues, disputes, etc.
- Document invoice discrepancies, credit memos, true-ups, ad hoc requests, discounts, etc.
- Coordinate with internal departments such as Business Development, Sales, Data Engineering, etc.
- Create new customers and manage existing customers in Oracle
- Assist with financial audits and other ad-hoc accounting projects as needed
- Month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing duties incl. journal entries, credit memos, workpaper preparation, accruals, account reconciliations etc.
- 2-3 years experience in a high growth organization
- BA/BS in Finance or Accounting
- Strong to Advanced Excel skills required
- Detail-oriented, with strong financial knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Able to multitask and prioritize multiple projects
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills and critical thinking
- Experience with Oracle, Salesforce, Tableau, G-Suite, Zendesk etc.
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.