We’re looking for a skilled, creative, and inclusive technology manager to grow and lead our IT Engineering team. The IT Engineering team serves a variety of enterprise-wide technology functions that streamline business operations, make our employees more productive, support corporate technology infrastructure, and align our many distributed technology investments.
You will be a hands-on technical manager, guiding team members and their work in a complex, cross functional, and fast-paced environment. You will act as both a mentor and technical resource when needed. You are an experienced people manager, with the ability to define, communicate and execute long-term plans while balancing the tactical needs that arise from leading a geographically distributed team.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Grow, mentor, and develop the team and plan future hires based upon service / skill gaps
- Initiate and lead cross-functional projects involving IT, engineering, and other stakeholders to solve problems, improve processes, or implement new solutions
- Develop and foster relationships across the company to ensure our technology investments are well matched to our dynamic business
- Prioritize, allocate, and resource projects during quarterly priority planning process and adjust continually throughout the year
- Own root cause analysis, driving a culture of post-mortem reviews, and solution driven resolutions to challenges as they arise
- Establish and maintain proactive approaches to support, problem solving, and identification of needs on behalf of engineering in order to prevent downtime and improve efficiency and quality
- 3 - 5 years experience managing IT engineers responsible for developing and maintaining global IT infrastructure solutions
- Strong technical leadership, teamwork, global collaboration, decision-making, and communication skills
- Experience building and leading diverse and inclusive teams
- Knowledge and expertise in cloud-first strategies, including AWS, GCP, G Suite, and other SaaS products
- Experience building relationships and understanding technology needs in dynamic and fast-moving global business environment
- Experience with enterprise network infrastructure, VoIP and AV solutions, identity management, infrastructure monitoring, automation, and audits
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.