Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
We're looking for an experienced data science manager to join our Data team. You will lead a team of data scientists. Your team is responsible for leveraging data to help your stakeholders learn and make better decisions. Your stakeholders include our product teams as well as our operations and your team will be driven by having a large impact on the success these teams. You will strategically collaborate with senior product and operations leadership to achieve this.
Your day to day…
- Build and lead a high-performing team of data scientists
- Work with cross-functional partners in product, engineering, design, and operations to achieve business goals
- Collaborate with other leaders to build data-informed product strategy and roadmaps
- Develop analytical frameworks and metrics for the team and broader organization
- Provide hands-on technical guidance and career mentorship for team members
- Lead and prioritize deep dives into our data to uncover new opportunities
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years work experience in a quant role at a product company
- 2+ years people management experience
- Ability to quickly understand business concepts and influence product decision making
- A desire to build and improve consumer software products
- Ability to write complex, efficient, and eloquent SQL queries to extract data
- Ability to write efficient and eloquent code in Python (preferred), R, or C/C++
- Ability to run rigorous experiments and come up with scientifically sound recommendations
- Eagerness to learn, flexibility to pivot when needed, savviness to navigate and thrive in a dynamic environment, and a growth mindset needed to build a successful team and company
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.