Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
As an experienced Technical Program Manager, you drive the future of our products, application and platform. Our team leads exciting technology changes and rapid implementation of innovative new ideas within the engineering organization and across the company. In this role, you will be responsible for the delivery of large-scale initiatives, implementing processes and coordination strategically to help teams perform at their best.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Manage all aspects throughout a software development program -- including timeline, scope, technical requirements, and resource allocation -- and ensure on-time, high-quality delivery of a final product.
- Work with engineering leadership to navigate through advancements in our platform and products. Build strong and collaborative cross-functional relationships and serve as the key interface to key functions, including business dev, legal, product and design.
- Drive program definition by locking down high-level requirements and long-term goals from business and technical stakeholders, and translating those into detailed roadmaps in addition to tasks actionable by engineers.
- Lead communication and action around technical risks, mitigation strategies, expectations, priorities and schedules for programs and roadmaps.
- Proactive in driving process, accountability and productivity improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- 4+ years of experience with program management in software development lifecycles as a TPM, engineering leader, product manager (technical domain) or related discipline.
- BS degree in Computer Science / Engineering or relevant industry experience; Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
- Passion for program management, and an established track record of driving programs, having yourself created functional specs, release plans and roadmaps.
- Excellent communication, leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to influence peers and managers, resolve conflict and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity.
- Self-motivation, critical thinking, and adaptability; you balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions.
- Willing and able to travel internationally based on job requirements.
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.