Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Instacart is looking for a Workplace Coordinator to join the Workplace and Facilities Team. This is a hands-on position where you will be working on varied tasks related to the day-to-day functioning of our San Francisco office. You will be contributing to the goal of delighting Instacart employees through helping to create an atmosphere in which people thrive.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
Plan and execute on internal events, improve engagement and retention of our employees helping to create an inclusive work environment. Support internal stakeholder teams with key events that aligns with the Instacart culture. This position reports to the Workplace Team in our San Francisco HQ office.
- Develop, plan, budget, and execute key cultural and internal events at Instacart global offices.
- Lead employee-driven committees across 3 main offices as well as remote offices.
- Contribute to event concepts for all branded events, partnering with cross-functional teams to brainstorm ideas and ensure local relevance
- Partner with internal stakeholders to identify their event vision, needs and to ensure flawless execution from the team
- Manage and oversee events on the day of as required, including problem-solving, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing deliveries/vendors
- Partner with Comms, Workplace and IT team members on event details and deliverables
- Coordinate event logistics for company-wide celebrations and programming to strengthen Instacart’s culture.
- Oversee contracts, logistics, budget, creative, vendors and assets. Attend site visits, moderate negotiations and give recommendations to support staff as needed
- Conduct pre- and post-event post-mortems and report out on success metrics.
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- B.A. or B.S. degree (recent graduates encouraged to apply)
- 2-4 years of office administration, support, or customer service experience, including internships
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally, effectively, and in a friendly manner with guests and partners both internally and externally
- Superior organizational skills and follow-through on tasks
- High-level of ownership and problem-solving skills
- An interest in and passion for Instacart
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.