Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavourful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighbourly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
We're looking for experienced Engineers to join our fast moving team. We work on a range of interesting and challenging problems, from supporting thousands of concurrent shoppers and processing millions of data points in real time, to determining the best route for deliveries and predicting store inventory levels.
At Instacart, we hold ourselves greatly responsible for protecting our customers', shoppers', partners' data and provide a secure platform to shop. As one of the early members of the security team, you will have a tremendous impact on Instacart's security posture and engineering culture. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to have a large sense of ownership, grow extraordinarily in their career, develop cross-functional technical and soft skills, in not just security, but engineering overall. Our platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time, all of the time.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day...
- Build, deploy and maintain tools to help with security intrusion detection, audit, and response.
- Investigate and respond to security incidents, automating the investigation and/or remediation where possible
- Conduct application design and code reviews on an ongoing basis
- Help identify risk patterns and offer proactive defense suggestions
- Create, review and maintain RBAC policies across AWS, GCP and Kubernetes in line with the principles of least privilege
- Work with stakeholders across the organization, provide security training and outreach to our internal development teams to achieve a consistently high security bar
- Travel to our SF headquarters, as needed
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience with Python and/or Go or the desire to learn them quickly
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure Security (AWS/GCP) and SOA patterns
- Solid understanding of application security concepts and best practices
- Ability to understand application and system architectures holistically
- Dexterity to identify, analyze, scope, contain and eradicate real-world threats
- Experience with Secure development life-cycle (SDLC) practices including threat modelling and security testing
- Experience with GDPR, CCPA and SOC2 compliance
- Experience running bug bounty programs and triaging/resolving security vulnerabilities in the application layer.
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.