Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
At Instacart, we hold ourselves greatly responsible for protecting our customers', shoppers', partners' data and provide a secure platform to shop. As one of the early members of the security team, you will have a tremendous impact on Instacart's security posture and engineering culture. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to have a large sense of ownership, grow extraordinarily in their career, develop cross-functional technical and soft skills, in not just security, rather engineering overall. Our platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Build, deploy and maintain tools to help with security intrusion detection, audit and response.
- Investigate and respond to security incidents
- Automate the investigation and remediation of security events
- conduct application design and code reviews on an ongoing basis
- Help identify risk patterns and offer proactive defense suggestion
- Work with stakeholders across the organization, provide security training and outreach to our internal development teams to achieve a consistently high security bar
- Create and Review RBAC policies across AWS, GCP and Kubernetes
- Travel to the SF headquarters as needed
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Understanding of cloud security (AWS/GCP) and SOA patterns
- Experience with scripting and coding
- Experience with networking and Linux
- Good understanding of security concepts and best practices
- Ability to identify, analyze, scope, contain and eradicate real-world threats
- Capability to understand application and system architecture holistically
- Experience with Secure development life-cycle (SDLC) practices including threat modeling and security testing
- Experience with GDPR, CCPA and SOC2 compliance.
- Experience running bug bounty programs and triaging/resolving security vulnerabilities in the application layer.
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.