Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Our Community Operations team provides high quality phone, chat, and email support to both our customer and shopper communities. Community Operations has launched its Customer Experience Center in Atlanta and we are looking for a strategic thinker who is passionate about understanding the data from all of our interactions and how it drives real world changes in behavior. In this role, you will support strategic decision making processes through your analytics, heavy data-driven approach, and operational mindset. You should possess superior analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to key stakeholders. You’ll work closely with leadership to help manage dashboards and provide the ad hoc and KPI reporting that drives critical decision-making and propels organizational success.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Own analysis on workflows, projects, and experiments to inform important strategic decisions improving the support experience
- Identify key questions, problems, and KPIs using your sharp business acumen and judgment and past analytics experience
- Design and analyze rigorous experiments and incrementally tests
- Create, maintain, and continue to optimize weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting
- Review data models and queries while performing weekly and ad hoc data analysis to ensure our operations engine is running at full speed
- Dig into the details behind how metrics are calculated, and ensure that the source data matches the needs of the business
- Develop models on large datasets to extract trends, measure results and outcomes, and to predict future performance
- Provide access to data through dashboards and other analytical tools to empower the team through self service
- Look for opportunity to automate insights through alerting and anomaly detection
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Advanced SQL Skills - able to write complex and performant queries to extract data from our Snowflake cluster
- Experience in ETL, data pipeline, and data quality development
- 3 - 6 years of experience in data analysis, data science, or similar roles
- Data-driven individual with a strong business acumen and focus on analytical problem solving, data manipulation and management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in math, economics, statistics, engineering, computer science, or other quantitative field, or equivalent level of experience
- Creative, intellectually curious, and able to effectively collaborate cross-functionally, partnering with stakeholders to drive business performance
- Proven ability to work independently, multi-task, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and the ability to turn data into a story for our business partners
- Excited about analyzing big data
- Experience in programming, especially with data science and visualization libraries in Python or R
- Advanced knowledge of experimentation and statistical methods
- Ability to mentor junior analysts on the team
- Advanced degree in statistics, math, economics, engineering, computer science, or other quantitative field
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.