Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
The Community Operations team is focused on supporting our broad ecosystem of customers, shoppers, retailers, and internal stakeholders through direct support and scalable solutions. We are a service-centric and analytics-driven team that thinks upstream to implement solutions that delight our community, improve performance, and scale through better automation, process and product experience.
As the Director, Workforce Management, you will be responsible for defining, building and managing our global workforce forecasting, planning, and staffing processes across our internal and outsourced contact center network. You will also drive the daily, weekly, and monthly analysis to drive continuous improvement in workforce performance. Your work will directly impact the support experience of our customers, shoppers, and retail partners, in addition to impacting our operating costs and profitability. The role will directly manage the workforce management team, will report to the VP of Community Operations and will be a part of the leadership team..
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Own short and long term forecasting, scheduling and hiring plan for our global support network
- Conduct deep and data-driven root cause analysis when goals are not achieved
- Establish a statistical baseline forecast model for each line of business
- Manage contact center staffing and network optimization strategies for a multi-site, global network of internal and outsourced customer service representatives
- Partner with finance and business teams to understand contact volume drivers, and incorporate inputs into forecasting and planning
- Effectively forecast and account for growth due to seasonal variations, weather, special events and promotions
- Implement, oversee and maintain the Workforce Management (WFM) platform utilized for forecasting and scheduling
- Define and implement Workforce Management policies and procedures
- Drive quality management and continuous improvement in the areas of capacity planning, resource management and contact center operations to enable efficient and streamlined execution of the forecasting, planning and scheduling work
- Establish team goals, measure team performance and ensure that performance management responsibilities are executed, including communication, performance monitoring, documentation and coaching
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Minimum 10+ years leading a large scale, contact center operations function and in-depth expertise in contact center forecasting, scheduling and capacity planning
- 5-8 years experience working with CRMs & telephony platforms
- Minimum of BA/BS education
- Ability to write semi-complex queries in your dialect of SQL to extract data
- Proficient in advanced Excel, and/or other data visualization tools to deep dive into data, identify and quantify opportunities, and design sustainable improvements and solutions
- Conduct quantitative research and analysis requiring complex data retrieval that results in compelling recommendations
- Strong analytical skills and ability to conduct deep root cause analysis on service level issues and performance gaps.
- Demonstrate extreme ownership over your work, and deep passion in driving workforce management excellence across our operations.
- Experience utilizing industry-accepted workforce planning software/applications such as Aspect, Blue Pumpkin, Verint and Genesys
- In-depth understanding of integrated workforce management and quality assurance tools working in tandem with a robust Customer Relationship Management application and telephony systems
- Strategic planning, business planning and budget development experience
- Strong analytical, operational and technical competencies, with extensive experience at presenting data and complex analyses
- Experience presenting reports, forecasts, trends and recommendations to senior management levels
- Strong communication, reading comprehension, and writing skills
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.