Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Our Toronto team (Instacart North) is dedicated to building Instacart’s suite of Enterprise solutions for grocers who want their own branded digital experience with same-day delivery. The Unata platform is Instacart’s flagship Enterprise-level platform and is the most comprehensive solution on the market; it powers all aspects of digital grocery and enables retailers to truly bring their in-store brand to life online.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
Reporting to the Sr Product Marketing Manager, the Technical Writer is responsible for taking technical information and documentation about our three enterprise products and turning it into simple, engaging, educational materials that will both inspire and empower current and prospective clients to implement more of our platform.
You'll work directly with our Product Marketing team to understand our products, market, and audience, and then create a positive, engaging learning experience for retailers that will ultimately drive adoption and ubiquity of our products. This will include all creation and maintenance of our knowledge bases, release notes, integration and deployment guides, FAQs, product tutorials and more, across our three enterprise solutions.
- Work with internal teams (product, engineering, release managers, QA, and more) to obtain an in-depth understanding of the three products and the documentation requirements
- Work with the rest of the Product Marketing team to understand and collaborate on positioning, tone and messaging
- Produce high-quality documentation and knowledge base content that is tailored to our target audience
- Determine and implement process and consistencies across all enterprise products
- Edit, standardize tone and style and update materials prepared by other members of the Product Team, including but not limited to knowledge base articles, release notes, dashboard guides, product documentation, and more.
- Closely track document changes and regularly communicate status to the team
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Knowledge of current technical writing methods, trends, and technologies
- Work in an agile development environment and have the ability to gather information from a variety of sources, including Engineering, QA, UX, Marketing, Product Management, Customer Success and Support
- 3+ years experience working in technical writing of software documentation
- Experience in making complex concepts and/or technical products easy to understand
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Proven track record of putting process and best practices in place
- Highly motivated, with the drive to improve existing deliverables, initiate new actions in line with business objectives, and deliver results, often under tight deadlines
- Superb grammar and spelling
- Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities in a high-pressure environment
- Preferred but not mandatory: University degree or college diploma in English, Communications, Technical Writing or a related field
- Grocery and/or retailer industry experience
- Experience working at a tech startup, in eCommerce or in the technology sector
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.