Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
As we continue our fast growth, we are looking to add to our Business Development team, we are hiring an Insights Manager - This high impact leadership role is a key function with Instacart’s Business Development department that will power both strategic and operational projects.
There are two sets of responsibilities for this role:
1. Enabling Instacart to become an industry thought leader for Grocery Retail
- Review internal data to map out gaps and identify external data sources
- Develop and execute on roadmap to acquire external data
- Analyze our data to develop insights and clear narratives
- Evangelize insights by educating Sales team and arm them with data-driven collateral
2. Manage Business Development Data Analysis Team
- Manage and mentor a team of 2 Data Analysts
- Lead collaboration with internal stakeholders (i.e. Data Science)
- Automate self serve performance monitoring for department and accounts
- Inform departmental and account strategic planning needs by leveraging internal data
- Strong ownership mentality: ideal candidate is a willing player-coach, who can not only direct but also carry some workload
- Team management experience, ideally 3+ years leading data-oriented teams
- Top notch analytical/quant skills, thorough and disciplined in approach and execution
- Deep technical skills: SQL, Python and capable with R (statistical modeling), Tableau
- Proven ability to navigate and excel in matrixed organizations
- Excellent communication skills: articulate and composed
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.