Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Our Community Operations team provides high quality phone, chat, and email support to both our customer and shopper communities. Community Operations has launched its Customer Experience Center in Atlanta and we are looking for a strategic thinker who is passionate about providing world-class service to customers and shoppers. The Lead Process Improvement Analyst will manage and continue to build a team to develop and implement processes and drive improvements to support that impacts the service we provide across the vast Instacart network. You will work directly with leadership to understand the key issues and opportunities for process improvement through data analysis, reporting, and testing.
The ideal Lead Process Improvement Analyst is the perfect mix of analytical and operational; they are deftly able to use data to tell a story and then drive the operational improvements to move the data in the right direction and give that story a happy ending.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Tackle high leverage problems in a fast growth startup
- Help junior team members with process improvement methods and prioritizing their work
- Assist with teaching process improvement methods and analysis to other team members
- Work closely with client team leadership and executives to assess operational needs and prioritize projects
- Design and deploy scalable customer and shopper support processes to drive consistency and quality across all support interactions
- Identify process automation/improvement opportunities and work with cross-functional teams to implement initiatives
- Determine business needs and scalable solutions to solve process issues through observation and analysis
- Lead projects and establish objectives and outcomes to achieve superior process metrics
- Present your findings compellingly to leaders and stakeholders from across the organization using a blend of art and science
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 4 to 8 years of experience in roles with both analytical and operational aspects
- Experience managing the work of others, potentially direct management experience
- Passion for improving processes with creative solutions
- Able to use SQL to query and pull your own data
- Exposure to statistical or survey analysis techniques
- Ability to influence leadership internally and externally with vendor partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including high-level presentation skills
- Data driven approach to problem solving
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Certification in Lean or Six Sigma, or portfolio of relevant projects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Bonus Points if You Have...
- Advanced certification in Lean or Six Sigma (Black Belt, Lean Silver, etc.)
- Startup / entrepreneurial experience
- Experience working in a production environment, especially contact centers
- Proven track record of driving customer satisfaction improvements with vendor partners
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.