Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 200 US markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door. We now cover over 60% of US households and aim to have 80% coverage by the end 2018—that's 90 million households! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
Site Managers have one of the most direct impacts on our customer experience. Site Managers own multiple stores in a particular geography and are responsible for the interviewing, hiring, and performance management of all the shoppers in those stores. They are the true gatekeepers of the people that directly serve our customers. A Site Manager has to vet and approve any in-store shopper before they can ever serve a customer.
As owners of multiple stores, Site Managers also play a critical role in providing guidance and support to our in-store Shift Leads. They are experts in our in-store operations and shopper performance, constantly learning and sharing best practices and honestly calling out when we fall short. Additionally Site Managers may be called upon to assist on special projects such as new store launch initiatives or new geography launches. Site Managers are both true members of the corporate team while also maintaining day to day interaction with our incredible group of shoppers.
Site Managers report up to Area Managers or Operations Managers.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Excellent talent evaluation skills to vet and select the next generation of Instacart shoppers
- High emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills, ability to develop deep and trusting relationships
- Proven ability as a teacher and coach to develop great shoppers
- Willingness to engage in difficult or sensitive conversations with employees
- Creative problem solving skills and comfort operating in high-stress unpredictable environment
- Ability to prioritize time and operate autonomously and without on-site supervision
- Effective written and verbal communication to share the highest priority items with your manager
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback and a a desire to continuously get better
- Basic computer literacy and tech savviness; ability to learn and deploy new technical tools
- Flexibility to work in different stores and different environments when needed
- Relentless hustle and willingness to do whatever it takes to solve for the customer
- Pride of ownership to put your name next to your stores' performance
- Previous management experience and 3+ years of customer service or retail experience
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Market competitive pay
- Medical benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued time off
- Commuter Benefits
- Complimentary Instacart express membership