Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Operations is core to Instacart’s success, and as such, our team moves fast and thrives on solving difficult problems. As a Regional Director you’ll have holistic ownership over our fulfillment operations across dozens of markets, creating amazing customer experiences and driving continuous process improvement. You’ll manage multiple high-performing teams, partner closely with Product and Business Development colleagues, and drive strategic initiatives that contribute directly to our most important company goals.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Drive strong business performance across all your regions, including financial, operating, customer experience, productivity, growth, availability, and shopper experience
- Manage, develop, and support your regional teams from our in-store shoppers all the way up to our corporate teams and General Managers
- Innovate and experiment with new processes, policies, and procedures to meet the rapidly escalating demand, exceed customer expectations, and maintain a motivated and customer-focused remote workforce of thousands of shoppers
- Translate data-based findings and on-the-ground observations into product requirements to help scale your insights across our entire network
- Lead company-wide cross-functional strategic initiatives to drive ongoing innovation, experiment with new fulfillment models, validate adjacency opportunities, and much more
- Develop deep relationships across our functions and with leadership at our partner retailers to help bring their in-store experiences to our online community
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of experience in on-demand operations, management consulting, retail / supply chain operations, finance, or data-driven project management
- Previous experience hiring, developing, and managing multiple teams; remote teams a plus
- Experience designing and iterating on operational solutions with proven history of driving from initial idea to full-scale implementation across an existing base
- Superior data and analytical skills including the ability to perform complex data analysis that translates to tactical operational recommendations (Excel required, SQL preferred but not required)
- Executive communication skills with experience preparing materials and presenting to both cross-functional and C-level audiences
- Willingness to roll-up-your-sleeves and hack solutions on the fly when the perfect product might not be immediately available
- People-first management philosophy with track record of sourcing, developing, and promoting talent across multiple levels
- Comfort in a constantly evolving environment with mental agility to switch between multiple projects and prioritize as needed
- Contagious positive attitude that team members and shoppers can help but buy into
- A sense of humor -- we take our work seriously but have fun doing so!
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.