Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home. Our design team thrives on solving difficult problems and moving the key company metrics. Our work makes a large and profound impact on people's lives by saving them time and changing the way they shop for and think about food. Join us!
What You’ll Do:
As a member of the Catalog content team, you will join a team of analysts who serve as the primary technical point of contact for enhanced data linked to our product catalog. The team's core responsibilities are to use proprietary tools to gather secondary and non-public data to build and maintain high-quality storefronts on Instacart.
The Catalog Content Analyst - Merchandising Specialist, will be responsible for defining the strategy, planning, and executing critical content sourcing for future consumer product experiences. The ideal candidate is a sharp, thoughtful, and collaborative problem solver. They have a strong technical and analytical background, as well as a desire to make a significant business impact by owning and driving content sourcing strategies for major business objectives. Strengths in communication and process are critical.
Your Work Will Include:
- Working with product teams across the company to identify new vertical opportunities
- Sourcing quality content by contracting with third party providers or through curation
- Lead the technical on-boarding of the content to our catalog
- Define and build tools/processes to improve and manage content capture and validation
- Become an expert on Instacart’s content systems and act as a resource for other team members across the company in the diagnosis, planning, and execution of content catalog projects in your area of expertise
What You Should Already Have:
- Bachelor's or advanced degree
- 3+ years experience working in e-commerce or a similar area at a consumer technology company
- Experience in ecommerce merchandising or digital product content sourcing
- Analytical mindset with comfort in SQL & Tableau
- Desire to go deep into metrics and explore ideas
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate with team members at every level
- Strong passion for creating great user experiences
- Comfort with ambiguity and a rapidly evolving business landscape