Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home. Our design team thrives on solving difficult problems and moving the key company metrics. Our work makes a large and profound impact on people's lives by saving them time and changing the way they shop for and think about food. Join us!
Research managers will own the vision for how research will support their side of the business and manage four to six researchers. As the research team continues to scale, these first managers will be responsible for collaborating on the structure of the research org, defining mission of the research team at large, and hiring.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Partner with key stakeholders (AKA research customers and partners, such as Data Science, Product, Design) to understand needs and timelines in order to ensure the team is successful
- Develop deep understanding of your team’s product areas and competitive landscape and define how research might have an impact
- Nurture your team’s talent, helping them grow in their skills, expertise, knowledge, and experience
- Build and guide relationships across the business that helps research deliver impact and value
- Own and oversee execution and socialization of foundational research that has significant impact and reach throughout the organization
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years conducting research, at least some of which were in a consumer-focused product organization - bonus points if the product served multiple customer types
- 2+ years experience managing a team of at least four user researchers inside of a product organization
- Deep understanding and experience with various qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and techniques such as contextual inquiries and interviewing, usability testing, surveys, workshop facilitation, usage data analysis and triangulation
- Has an ambitious vision for the role of the research team in the organization, and a plan for how to get there
- Collaborates well with other managers to build a strong team that acts and executes with consistency across the organization
- Proven track record running and overseeing foundational research to help the organization
- Passion for people - supportive and inspiring leader who knows when to trust and when to coach
- Advanced degree desired; minimum of Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Human Factors, Anthropology, a related field or the equivalent experience
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.