Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
In this role, you will be responsible for monitoring and driving fulfillment health across all markets in the U.S and Canada. You will develop strategies and tools to ensure high levels of efficiency and quality for Shoppers, Retailer Partners, and Customers.
You will work cross functionally in a very dynamic environment, with a relentless drive for enabling continuous improvement and optimization of core metrics. The ideal candidate will have a knack for identifying unusual patterns and is passionate about investigating further to identify the origin of the issue.
Your day to day…
- Partner with product, engineering, and data science teams to drive frequent market analyses and identify root cause system issues
- Field, prioritize, and address fulfillment escalations from business development and operations teams, and work to improve the escalation process and strategies
- Analyze fluctuations and outliers in key metrics (Ex: supply/demand forecasts, efficiency, utilization, availability) and work cross-functionally to make system adjustments
- Create and optimize metrics based processes to ensure all function-related objectives are consistently met and improved upon
- Develop and implement tactical product-based solutions for a varying range of fulfillment related challenges
- Provide value-added analysis, context, and support to cross-functional teams and stakeholders to continuously improve system performance, tools, and team efficiency
- Play a critical role in launch/expansion work-streams, as well as other logistics-related initiatives
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 4-5+ years experience in analysis, business operations, fulfillment, or equivalent consultant experience
- Effective prioritization and a strong sense of ownership with a get-it-done attitude
- Data first mindset: highly proficient pulling/synthesizing data and identifying trends, causation, correlation, etc
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to lead meetings and synthesize complex topics by creating compelling narratives for various stakeholders
- Eagerness to spot inefficiencies and improve broken processes in ever-changing environment
- Ability to aggregate and synthesize large amounts of data and leverage a deep understanding of micro and macro fulfillment trends to drive insights
- Ability to stay calm in dynamic, rapidly-changing environments
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Experience working directly with product/engineering teams on scalable process solutions
- Strong data background [SQL / Tableau proficiency preferred]
- Experience in a growing, large-scale operations environment and/or multi-sided marketplace
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.