Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
The Platform Support Team is responsible for day-to-day client interaction and account management, ensuring all milestones are managed and tracked, and that responsible team members are delivery tasks per project plan. Our product roadmap is full of challenging projects that require innovative engineering solutions. You will be working alongside a team of designers, engineers and data scientists to build scalable and robust distributed systems that power the best digital grocery experience in the market.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day...
- Clearly communicate complex technical concepts
- Have strong communication and multitasking skills
- Communicate comfortably with the client and escalating high priority issues when required
- Demonstrate their willingness to learn new things
- Maintain a quick and efficient service level across multiple clients once they are live in Production
- Work closely with the Technical Team to prioritize, solve and communicate response and resolution to clients
- Take ownership of support tickets, adhering to SLAs and resolution time commitments
- Develop a deep functional understanding of the product
- Work cross-functionally with our world-class Engineering, Business Development, Product, and Operations teams.
- Ensure day-to-day support ticket management and oversight via Jira Service Desk, including ticket triage, escalation to tier 2 technical support and relaying resolution back to clients
- Build and maintain KPI reporting from Jira Service Desk
- Quarterback client calls to drive discussion and resolution on support issues, with assistance from tier 2 technical support
- Manage special projects as directed
- Be the primary technical contact for several internal and external stakeholders across the country
- Act as the owner of a portfolio of retailers and work through technical challenges and make strategic recommendations by communicating directly with them.
- Work at the edge of expansions, supporting and refining existing operations and owning the launching of new partners and markets.
- Apply critical thinking to communicate your recommendations directly to retailers and informing major catalog and operations decisions.
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Strong communication skills, providing clarity on complex technical concepts
- A track record of working cross-functionally across internal teams, and are comfortable communicating with the client and escalating high priority issues when required
- Troubleshooting and providing details in tickets about the issue and replication of issues
- Ability to drive client communication and follow up on day to day and high impact issues
- Willingness to learn new things
- Bachelor of Business Communication or equivalent education
- Ability to drive issues through to resolution with minimum supervision
- Polished communication skills and confidence on the phone as you will be working directly with retail partners and internal stakeholders
- The perfect mix of analytical, technical, and operational: pulling, sanitizing, and analyzing data;
- 2-4 years work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project management experience
- Strong presentation skills and experience presenting and representing technology at client meetings
- Proficiency in SQL, advanced Excel, Tableau and/or other data visualization tools to deep dive into data, identify and quantify opportunities, and design sustainable improvements
- Proven track record of designing and implementing process improvement projects from start to finish in a resource-constrained environment
- A strong analytical skill set, comfortable manipulating large data sets and an understanding of databases and data integrity principles
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.