Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
As we scale our business, the need for a project management office (PMO) is increasingly important to the strategic success of our enterprise clients. As the leader of the PMO group, you will be responsible for creating alignment and fostering cross-collaborative accountability and transparency in the success of each project.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day...
- Define and enforce project management methodologies and best practices
- Lead a team of Project Managers through the execution and delivery of multiple client implementations in parallel; handling assignments of all new enterprise projects within the PMO
- Foster cross-functional dependencies within Instacart and the retail partner org to ensure successful execution of project deliverables
- Accountable to the performance of the PMO, setting and delivering KPIs that are both measurable and aligned to Instacart’s strategic initiatives
- Develop and foster strong partnerships with all internal stakeholders and external clients
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience building and growing a PMO org to scale for an Enterprise software solution, preferably in a high-growth or start-up environment
- 5 - 7 years of project management and PMO leadership experience
- Demonstrated repeated ability to take a project from red status to green status
- High emotional intelligence, diplomacy, and proven ability to adapt to various groups and establish common ground to effectively influence others
- PMP, PgMP or similar certification preferred; portfolio management an asset
- Ability to foster teamwork and build strong cross-functional relationships with colleagues, senior leaders, and clients
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions that are in the best interest of Instacart, by assessing the importance, urgency, and risk of a situation and making recommendations on next steps
- Aptitude for driving results by setting clear goals and priorities while monitoring and evaluating progress of action plans
- A drive for innovation; developing new and unique ways to improve operations
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.