Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
As an Instacart Shift Lead you will drive Instacart's success inside our partner stores by coaching a team of personal shoppers, maintaining and improving in-store operations, and optimizing for efficiency. You will manage day-to-day and on-the-ground in partnership with Operations Leadership to deliver high quality orders for customers in an efficient manner.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day...
Shopper Coaching and Team-Building
- Provide continuous structured training and support to shopper team in order to help them achieve individual performance goals based on speed and quality of service
- Onboard new shoppers through store-specific processes and in-person coaching
- Build morale in-store and foster a collaborative, team-oriented work environment through positive reinforcement and management of difficult behavior when necessary
- Exemplify the highest standards of professionalism and integrity to promote the culture, values and mission of Instacart
In-Store Operations Management
- Ensure orders are fulfilled to the highest standard of quality and accuracy
- Manage a clean and efficient working environment for employees
- Become an expert and go-to-resource on the shopping process and store layout
- Utilize existing resources, tools, and team to quickly identify and solve any store, shopper and customer issues
- Maintain in-store equipment and staging areas through troubleshooting and proactive communications regarding broken equipment and/or stock of supply
- Ability to work in a high stress environment
- Help maintain a strong and positive relationship with store management in partnership with Instacart operations team
- 1+ year of retail or food service management experience or 6+ months experience as a top performing personal shopper, driver, full service shopper, or cashier at Instacart
- Proven ability to take ownership and meet goals
- Strong customer service experience
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a diverse group of people
- Strong supervisory, teambuilding, and leadership skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Expert problem solver
- Solid understanding of mobile apps
- Ability to consistently and reliably work 30-40 hours a week
- Ability to work regularly on weekends
- Ability to travel between stores
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs regularly throughout shift; must be able to remain standing or walking, including up and down stairs, during shift
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.