Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Instacart is seeking a talented Corporate Legal Manager responsible for supporting a broad range of legal, transactional, compliance and administrative matters, both in the US and globally. The ideal candidate will have experience in entity management, corporate governance, maintenance of books and records, policy implementation, and supporting complex transactions. Must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment, prioritize a dynamic workload, and possess excellent judgment. This individual will partner closely with cross-functional teams and must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Manage and own corporate processes and procedures involving the formation, maintenance, dissolution and acquisition of corporate entities, including preparing and maintaining governance and charter documentation, powers of attorney, and corporate org. chart
- Obtain and maintain all necessary city and state business registrations and licenses
- Provide support and expertise for various legal and regulatory compliance initiatives, including M&A and corporate transactions
- Support the commercial law function by drafting, evaluating and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts, including non-disclosure agreements, SaaS license agreements, and master services agreements in support of the company’s primary business activities
- Oversee the entire contracts life cycle by ensuring the proper execution of agreements and monitoring their extension, renewal, and termination dates
- Manage and improve upon Instacart’s contracts management database and related processes
- Conduct legal research and assist with special projects, as assigned
- BS or BA from an accredited University
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant work experience (in-house experience strongly preferred)
- Experience supporting multinational companies with international business operations and knowledge of international laws and regulations
- A positive can-do attitude, good judgment, and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Willingness to take on additional projects as necessary
- Strong organizational and communication skills (both oral and written)
- The ability to self-motivate and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing high-growth environment
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.