Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
We are seeking an organized, analytical, and highly motivated individual to join Instacart’s Trust & Safety organization, focusing initially on fraud-related activity (Customer + Shopper). The team takes data-driven, customer-first approaches to identifying patterns fraudulent-related activity on the platform, while implementing effective countermeasures to prevent and mitigate at scale. The ideal candidate has a knack for uncovering unusual patterns and is passionate about investigating further to identify the origin of the issue. In this role, you will need to make critical & sensitive decisions quickly, while maintaining strong attention to detail and effectively communicating with various stakeholders (Business Development, Product, Engineering, Finance, Field Operations, etc). It’s important to understand that you will be operating in a very dynamic environment which requires always having an eye towards improvement.
You will be responsible for architecting meaningful, easily-digestible, and actionable single 'sources of truth' and ad-hoc analyses related to our Trust & Safety org, with the ultimate goal of ensuring the highest level of quality of Safety, Security, Integrity, and Quality on the platform. You will be a driving force behind decisions related to our business, working with stakeholders across operations, product, engineering, and finance as we push to achieve our ambitious vision.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
The ideal candidate can leverage a combination of deep analytics skills and business acumen to identify, extract, and visualize opportunities across all areas of Trust & Safety, which can then be used to drive meaningful improvements across various segments of the company. Additionally, the ideal candidate possesses excellent time-management skills, the ability to communicate & present information effectively to business partners at all levels, and a deep-seeded passion for continuous improvement, data integrity, and scalable solutions.
- Own data analysis and visualization as it relates to all areas of Trust & Safety; Fraud (customer + shopper), Platform Access, Critical escalations, etc, as well as the identification of potential root causes contributing to potential change(s) in metrics
- Regularly communicate associated outcomes and insights to various stakeholders at all levels, including senior management to help guide strategic decisions for improvement
- Develop dashboards, analytical frameworks, and detailed reporting models that provide reliable, easily-digestible insights to key stakeholders to help guide decisions around process, policy, systems, and service models
- Develop a deep understanding of how each area of the business impacts the other, as well as the underlying correlations relating to key company metrics
- Create automated reporting to ensure operations leaders are informed of variations and opportunities across geographies and teams
- Analyze unstructured behavioral data to discover operational events and activities impacting fulfillment quality and customer, shopper, & retailer experience.
- Fundamentally change the way our teams across North America think about exceptional performance and customer experiences through innovative, value-added data approaches and insights
- Regularly collaborate with other analysts, subject matter experts, and decision makers to develop data-driven policies and models to improve overall fulfillment performance
What You Should Already Have
- Minimum 4-7 years in an analytics, business intelligence/operations, investment banking, or related environment
- Ability to write complex and performant queries in your dialect of SQL to extract data from our data warehouse (Hive or Presto experience a plus)
- Experience with R, Python, and/or Julia (fluency in at least one language preferred)
- Experience with analytical visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, D3.js or similar tools
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex topics and create compelling narratives for various audiences.
- Excellent teamwork skills and desire to help others learn
- High level of accountability and ownership – driven and focused self-starter
- Strategic mindset – ability to think ahead of where the company is at now
- Understanding of A/B testing and other forms of statistical analysis using statistical packages similar to R, SAS, or Pandas
- Experience in a fraud or Trust & Safety-related field
- Experience in advanced reporting tools such as R Shiny, Dash, or Bokeh
- Advanced degree in statistics or other quantitative field
- Data modeling, ETL and data pipeline development experience
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.