Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Instacart is growing its PMO group, and seeking Technical Project Managers to join our scaling business. The Technical Project Manager is a key member of our Technical Delivery team, responsible for bringing the appropriate stakeholders together through accountability and alignment on the execution of each retailer implementation.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day...
- Create and maintain project plan for execution and delivery of Instacart’s product implementations
- Engaged in multiple projects in parallel
- Interact cross-functionally with Instacart and our retail partner organization to ensure the execution of project dependencies.
- Primary business stakeholder for retail partners during the implementation phase
- Project Planning: develop an understanding of the retailer’s business needs, expectations and requirements; partner with various internal stakeholders to define key deliverables, estimate timing, assess risks, and organize tools required.
- Project Execution: coordinate all activities of the project team to drive accountability in ensuring project tasks to completion; develop/maintain key documents and information sharing across relevant stakeholders;
- Ensure the use of project management best practices and apply lessons learned from past projects - identifying gaps in process and making change where opportunity presents itself
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience in the delivery of at least 2-3 enterprise software projects, ideally to external clients
- Strong understanding of multi-tiered software solutions required to enable effective management of cross-functional dependencies
- Advanced understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, manage resource allocations and run team meetings
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Has shown an ability to work collaboratively with a Product Owner
- Ability to be detail-oriented while maintaining focus on the big picture and driving results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate project team, inspire teamwork and take a leadership role on a project
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems with keen instincts and organizational experience
- PMP, SCM, or ITIL certification, considered an asset
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.