Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
This Shift Lead drives Instacart's success inside our partnered grocery stores by leading a team of in-store staff to create and maintain the Instacart Experience for our customers. The shift lead provides guidance and oversight of in-store operations with direction from the Local Operations Teams to deliver perfect orders every time.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Provide continuous structured training and support to shopper team in order to help them achieve individual performance goals based on speed and quality of service
- Onboard new shoppers through store-specific processes and in-person coaching
- Build morale in-store and foster a collaborative, team-oriented work environment through positive reinforcement and management of difficult behavior when necessary
- Exemplify the highest standards of professionalism and integrity to promote the culture, values and mission of Instacart
- Ensure orders are fulfilled to the highest standard of quality and accuracy
- Manage a clean and efficient working environment for employees
- Become an expert and go-to-resource on the shopping process and store layout
- Utilize existing resources, tools, and team to quickly identify and solve any store, shopper and customer issues
- Maintain in-store equipment and staging areas through troubleshooting and proactive communications regarding broken equipment and/or stock of supply
- Work in a high stress environment
- Help maintain a strong and positive relationship with store management in partnership with Instacart operations team
- Lift up to 50 lbs regularly throughout shift; must be able to remain standing or walking, including up and down stairs, during shift
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 1+ year of retail or food service management experience or 6+ months experience as a top performing personal shopper, driver, full service shopper, or cashier at Instacart
- Proven ability to take ownership and meet goals
- Strong customer service experience
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a diverse group of people
- Strong supervisory, teambuilding, and leadership skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Expert problem solver
- Solid understanding of mobile apps
- Ability to consistently and reliably work 30-40 hours a week
- Ability to work regularly on weekends
- Ability to travel between stores
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.