Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for processing high volume U.S.A./Canadian payroll(s) in a rapid paced, startup environment. This role will require a strong understanding of Federal and State regulations, as well as company payroll policies and procedures.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Process bi-weekly and/or weekly multi-state/country payroll for salaried and hourly employees, full-time and part-time; ensure the accuracy of data entry
- Monitor, review, research and respond to inquiries from employees across all levels via email, our Zendesk ticket system, and voicemail.
- Perform clerical duties such as filing, scanning, faxing, photocopying, etc.
- Process and review all payroll related interfaces
- Create pay data batches, verify and reconcile wages and hours from various applications; calculate time cards when needed
- Monitor timely receipt of payroll required information from all locations
- System maintenance, including, but not limited to, new hire setup, tax form processing, local taxes, timekeeping input, direct deposit setup, terminations, monitoring outsourced garnishments processing and employee verifications of employment
- Calculate and process off-cycle manual checks
- Process new hires, leaves of absence, and terminations according to state law
- Produce audit reports, audit registers, and special ad hoc reports
- Process stop payments and reversals
- Reconcile benefit deductions between payroll system and providers.
- Conduct research and analysis to assist the department management with special projects
- Assist in special projects like validation of earnings for compensation projects, W-2 auditing, workers compensation and 401K audits
- Maintain close relationships with area managers, operations managers, and general managers; assist them with payroll inquiries
- Interpret payroll policies and procedures to company employees of all levels.
- Work closely with human resources ensuring personnel data is received timely and accurately
- Partner with other departments (i.e. HR, Legal, Operations) to maintain strong inter-departmental relationships and ensure high level of customer experience and satisfaction.
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience with Workday Payroll required
- Strong team player with the ability to effectively communicate and share tasks with teammates
- Must be proactive and a self-starter with the ability to take initiative to solve problems
- Minimum 2 years recent hands-on U.S. payroll experience in fast-paced /high volume environment required
- High-level understanding of systems and how they interface
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills required
- Detail-oriented, strong analytical skills, ability to detect inconsistencies in data, and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work reliably and efficiently under demanding deadlines
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills – ability to perform vlookup, sumif(s) and build pivot tables required
- Understanding and comprehension of the principles of work coordination and planning
- Ability to easily learn new systems
- Experience using a Mac, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Forms, etc.
- Maintain confidential information when required by legal or ethical standards and professionalism to ensure privacy of employee records
- Experience with audit procedures, tax and accounting practices and human resources is preferred
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.