Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home. Our design team thrives on solving difficult problems and moving the key company metrics. Our work makes a large and profound impact on people's lives by saving them time and changing the way they shop for and think about food. Join us!
About the Ads Team
We're looking for a designer to join our Ads team, where we are reinventing the way brands connect with consumers, incentivizing trials with savings, offers, and optimizing campaign returns through personalization & targeting.
If you’re looking for a big growth opportunity, we may be what you’re looking for!
- We are in “Day 1” of online grocery shopping going mainstream (from 4% to 20% in the next 5 years).
- We have partnerships with most of the top 100 consumer brands in the U.S.
- Our end-to-end purchase funnel data offers a unique advantage in personalization and insights.
What do we focus on? We build end-to-end products connecting consumers with brands.
- Consumers - We help consumers save money with personalized offers, using machine learning to improve search relevancy and affinity rankings. We also help consumers discover new products through samples, recipes, influencers, and other rich media.
- Brands - We help brands reach new consumer audiences and drive greater loyalty. We collaborate closely with brand partners to prototype new offerings.
- Instacart - We improve Instacart’s value proposition for cost-conscious consumers; sponsorship revenue generated through our products is a key contributor towards Instacart’s profitability.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day...
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, and other stakeholders to arrive at the best possible design solutions for our customers and CPG partners
- Own a wide design scope - you'll own nebulous problems from beginning to end, translate research insights into ideas that form new features, and design the workflows and detailed interactions to bring those ideas to life
- Mentor and provide feedback to other designers to help them create their best design work
- Help define the team's product strategy and roadmap
- Collaborate with the entire design team to create a cohesive and magical product experience for iOS and Android as well as responsive web
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years designing exceptional experiences
- A passion for design and continual experimentation, iteration, and optimization
- Proven experience creating wireframes, prototypes, and UI specs and the flexibility and willingness to move from idea to whiteboard to execution quickly
- Ability to make sound design decisions with qualitative and quantitative data as well as know how to acquire the data.
- A thorough understanding of native iOS and Android platforms
- A strong visual aesthetic and experience designing within brand guidelines and design systems as well as collaborating with the design team to evolve those guidelines and systems to move Instacart's products in new and bold directions
- A strong sense of ownership
- Experience working on ads design or ads platforms/marketplaces a plus
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.