This role can be located in Chicago or New York City
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
As we continue our fast growth, we are looking to add to our Brand Partner Management and Strategy team. We are hiring a Business Development Leader to partner with some of the largest consumer goods companies in the world to help them build incremental sales on our platform and drive growth for Instacart.
In this role, you will lead a consultative team to help generate insights for our brand partners, identify opportunities for Instacart revenue growth, and ensure flawless delivery of our programs. This team will work intimately with external consumer packaged goods (CPG) partners, internal Sales leaders, and across Instacart’s functions, including Product, Catalog, Finance, and Strategy.
Your day to day...
- Manage a team responsible for maintaining relationships with select external Instacart Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) partners
- Collaborate with CPG partners to help them generate a high return on advertised spend (ROAS) and overall incrementality for their products on Instacart
- Drive greater net revenue per delivery from Instacart’s advertising products within multiple categories
- Collaborate with Instacart’s Product, Catalog, Finance, Legal, Analytics, and Strategy teams to ensure advertising products are at the cutting edge of the grocery e-commerce landscape
- Build tools and capabilities to reveal category insights to Instacart’s strategic CPG partners
- Drive team to hit key performance indicators and business goals
- Establish a deep understanding of Instacart's business operations, including internal processes, functional group strategies, and competitive context
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to guide implementation of strategic plans and accomplish goals on tight deadlines
- Perform data analysis to drive key business insights, scalable growth strategies, and detailed execution plans
- Engage, educate, collaborate, and problem solve with external partners at all levels of the organization
- 7+ years previous experience; MBA preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues
- Experience with large data sets and ability to extract business insights from analysis (Experience in SQL, Tableau preferred)
- Comfort with ambiguity and a rapidly evolving business landscape
- Solid stakeholder management skills, both for internal and external stakeholders
- Quick communication response times
- Ability to manage across functions and present to leadership
- Creative problem-solver
- Positive, energetic, and influential relationship builder
- Relevant CPG or grocery experience desirable but not necessary
- Some travel required
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.