Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
As the HR Compliance Manager, you will own all things HR compliance and ensure we are not only doing what is legally required, but also doing what is right for the company as we grow. You will partner closely with HR, Recruiting, Legal, Security, and internal and external auditors to ensure compliance, reduce risk, and build a world-class HR compliance program.
Your day to day…
- Conduct regular compliance health checks to identify and remedy any risks
- Draft, modify, and implement policies and procedures as needed
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments at the local, state and federal level, recommend best practices to comply with changes to laws, communicate changes to stakeholders as needed
- Own annual HR compliance activities (ex. EEO-1 filing, compliance posters, compliance trainings)
- Other HR projects as needed
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of related human resources compliance experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient knowledge of employment law/regulations in multiple states
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Ability to handle and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work in an independent environment
- Ability to balance compliance with employee experience
- Experience working at a dynamic, high-growth company preferred
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.