Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
The Product Operations Analyst should be passionate about finding insights in large datasets, synthesizing and communicating results, and driving practical business impact. We are a collaborative team obsessed with operational excellence and bringing the Voice of Community to improve our products.
The Product Operations Analyst will also have proven success in a cross-functional role and strong analytical skills, with the ability to clearly and effectively synthesize ideas and reports into actionable recommendations for internal teams and external partners.
Additionally, the role will gain a deep understanding of the operational areas that he or she works closely with to ensure the product organization understands and supports business needs.
Your day to day…
- Assess the contact data reporting needs for product teams
- Conduct in-depth analysis and build dashboards that provide actionable insights
- Troubleshoot data issues, validate results, recommend/implement tools and process improvements
- Build/maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics that equips the Product team with the timely insights to drive future roadmap
- Engage in discussions to identify problems, quantify and improve the quality of workflows through data analysis
- Achieve a deep understanding of community member perceptions and sentiment across their journey, delivering insights, reporting and strategic analyses that help prioritize NPS-enhancing initiatives
- Persuade cross-functional teams to take action on insights through effective communication and collaboration
- Clearly define and prioritize product gaps and bugs that are driving support contacts, and the resulting costs or impacts of these issues based on issue volume, members impacted, revenue impact, and other relevant metrics
- Provide data-driven analysis of community member issues using internal tools, surveys, and queries of all available data sources to gather user insights and cost analysis
- BA/BS degree with 5+ years of operations strategy, product development, business consulting, finance, or similar analytical roles
- 3+ years of cross-functional project management and leadership experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; a track record of successful engagement of both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions with 2+ years of experience of SQL and advanced querying skills
- Previous experience working with and impacting user experience
- Power user status in Microsoft Excel/Powerpoint or Google Sheets/Slides
- Demonstrated ability to effectively identify, prioritize, and handle multiple work streams simultaneously in a dynamic and rapidly-changing environment
- Experience with and strong ability to formulate and present analyses and business cases to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to foster collaboration and facilitate teamwork
- Highly motivated self-starter with a desire to grow and learn
- Prior experience working with Customer Support data is a huge plus
- Experience working at a consumer technology company highly desirable
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Instacart is looking for a Product Operations Analyst to join the Community Operations team. Our team works directly with Product Management, Engineering, Support, & Operations to ensure the products we release to our community are delightful & high quality.
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.