Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
We are hiring a Senior Analyst - Strategy and Operations on our Accounting team at Instacart HQ in San Francisco.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
The Accounting team at Instacart is growing quickly as we work to support a rapidly growing company, which includes many new accounting related systems to help support our large transaction volumes and some complex transaction flows.
As an Accounting team member, you would be responsible for supporting our growing number of accounting and finance related systems. This role will work cross functionally across finance, accounting, payroll, and human resources to help maintain current systems and integrations as well as develop and implement new systems, processes, and function to help support the company as it continues to grow at scale.
Your day to day...
- Owning aspects of month-end close including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and flux analyses
- Help execute financial and accounting analysis and process improvements associated with GAAP and management reporting of sales
- Perform financial/controls transformation initiatives or process mapping in areas that include order to cash, plan to perform and close to report business cycles
- Collaborating cross-functionally to ensure data completeness, accuracy and efficiency of source reports
- Critically evaluating, improving and documenting processes and procedures as we scale
- Participating in ad hoc project requests
- Assisting with external auditor through PBC generation and fielding questions for revenue
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience and/or management consulting required
- Public accounting/advisory experience and/or management consulting required
- CPA preferred
- Fundamental understanding of ERP systems
- Exposure to navigating US GAAP guidance
- Ability to understand the business and technical solutions
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills
- Solid planning and prioritization skills
- High energy and ability to remain flexible and re-prioritize in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as customer service skills
- Team player and self-starter
- Independent and ability to take ownership to manage assigned tasks
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills for data mining (with high volume transactions)
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office; advanced expertise in MS Excel
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.