Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
The Compensation Lead will shape and influence Instacart’s compensation strategy. This role will design and lead Instacart’s approach to compensation and be responsible for all aspects of Instacart’s compensation programs and processes to ensure excellent execution of processes and thoughtful, data-driven decision making.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Serve as subject matter expert on compensation and equity to design and model programs to meet Instacart’s culture and needs; introduce innovative solutions to enhance internal program
- Work closely with the executive team to influence the evolution of Instacart’s compensation philosophy and programs
- Provide comp consulting to client groups to meet business needs
- Own compensation cycles and benchmarking as an end-to-end process from drafting communications, to updating survey data and working with Recruiting and HR Business Partners to iterate on compensation bands and levels
- Create and conduct training materials and guidance for Recruiting, Business Partners and managers
- Design, develop and maintain job architecture for the company
- Build and improve compensation systems in Workday to ensure ease of use and accuracy.Conduct fair pay analysis in collaboration with Data Analytics and Legal
- Oversee process for and collaborate with Legal for evaluation of exemption status
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 6+ years of experience managing compensation programs and processes at public and/or private companies
- 3+ years experience managing equity-based compensation programs, including stock options and RSUs
- Experience building compensation processes in Workday
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization, including distilling complex topics into digestible formats
- Ability to communicate with and influence employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to think outside the box and design programs unique to Instacart
- A strong understanding of compensation best practices, current compensation trends, and survey data
- Data-driven mindset
- Ability to analyze and problem-solve holistically by looking at internal and external data sets including survey, attrition and retention
- Proven analytical skills and a keen eye for detail. Possesses in-depth knowledge of Excel or Google Sheets, including building and maintaining complex models
- A deep commitment to client service, empathy, and discretion
- Experience at high-growth, pre-IPO tech company
- Experience working with large non-exempt workforce
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.