Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
The Community Operations team is focused on supporting our broad ecosystem of customers, shoppers, retailers, and internal stakeholders through direct support and scalable solutions. We are a service-centric and analytics-driven team that thinks upstream to implement solutions that delight our community, improve performance, and scale through better automation, process and product experience.
This role will involve working closely with all elements of the support teams, outsourced teams, site leadership, and will report directly to the Training Manager. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and creative individual, who can collaborate well with other trainers, and use data from the QA team to drive the support team toward continuous improvement and excellence.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
Your day to day…
- Organizes the delivery and implementation of training solutions to meet intended training objectives using learning prepared materials and activities.
- Demonstrates effective questioning and feedback techniques as well as effective oral and written presentation and communication skills and applies appropriate instructional methods and motivational techniques to address different learning styles during delivery.
- Work closely with the training manager and other training specialists to develop and execute creative and engaging training programs
- Demonstrates strong leadership and coaching abilities both inside and outside of the classroom environment.
- Evaluate learners desired proficiency at the conclusion of training.
- Ability to make presentations to large groups, facilitate Train the Trainer sessions and may be required to work on special training assignments within cross - functional departments.
- Supports the operation as a subject matter expert in areas that customer and shopper support needs such as process improvements, toll-gates on-boarding.
- Effectively applies performance consulting techniques and processes in support of global training needs.
- Develop training curriculum and success metrics that are impactful and measurable
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent required
- Highly engaging and effective training facilitation skills
- 2+ years of support center/customer service training experience
- Extensive experience using CRM tools and Microsoft Office
- Self-motivated with a relentless drive for excellence
- Exceptional communication, listening, writing and oral skills
- Strong ability to build relationships and work collaboratively
- Passion for training, learning, and development of others
- Experience delivering continuous learning solutions and assessments e.g. Franklin Covey, Vital Smarts, DISC, MBTI, 360 assessments etc.
- Well versed in Adult Learning Theory
- Coaching certification a plus
- Experience in needs analysis (defines current state, future state, and gap)
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.