Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
As Senior Manager, Alcohol Compliance, you’ll work closely with Instacart’s operations, support, business development, product and engineering and legal teams to build and maintain the processes and procedures for ensuring compliance with relevant alcohol laws. You will engage on behalf of the company with state and local alcohol regulators, trade associations, and other industry stakeholders on alcohol issues. In partnership with our legal team, you’ll be responsible for researching relevant legal requirements to ensure company practices are in compliance in the United States and Canada, as well as future international markets.
You’ll need to be proactive and engaged, able to work well cross-functionally both internally and externally, excited about technology and e-commerce, able to navigate complexity and ambiguity, and ready to roll your sleeves up and dig into tough problems to reach pragmatic and workable solutions. You will need to be an effective advocate of Instacart and our alcohol compliance practices to external parties.
Every day we solve incredibly hard problems to create a world-class experience for our customers. Join us!
Your day to day…
- Be one of the primary points of contact within the company for all alcohol compliance issues, whether with retailer partners, regulators, or other relevant parties
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to ensure that alcohol compliance features are incorporated in the development of new products
- Handle, monitor and supervise any issues related to alcohol compliance
- Monitor state and local alcohol compliance requirements and effectively translate those into Instacart’s operational model
- Provide training and education related to alcohol compliance to other parts of the company
- Build lasting relationships with state and local alcohol regulators, trade associations, and other industry stakeholders on alcohol issues
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- BS or BA from an accredited University
- A minimum of 5 years of experience engaging with alcohol compliance issues
- Self-starter with good judgment and the ability to effectively prioritize amongst competing objectives
- Strong organizational and communication (both oral and written) skills
- Ability to conceptualize, present and advocate for changes to internal and external work flows
- Experience working with state and local alcohol regulators
- Experience developing scalable risk-based alcohol compliance programs
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and thrives in a fast-moving startup environment
- Based in the Bay Area, with a willingness to travel
- JD preferred but not necessary
- Experience working with state and local regulations related to alcohol delivery from retailers
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.